Friday, June 30, 2006

JP's Memory Garden

Link to Original Story: Memory Garden - JP

This is one my personal favorites. The only problem is that the characters are clearly Japanese, but have Chinese names. I had originally intended them to be Chinese, but after a little research, the garden themes I wanted came from Japan. By that time, though, I had become too attached to the names to change them. One interesting thing about this story, after talking to JED, is that the places where I was worried about bashing the reader over the head slipped by unnoticed. The reemergence of Liang Sun in the form of the sun-colored koi, for example. Overall, this is possibly the most pre-planned story I’ve ever written, and consequently contains the most symbolism I’ve ever packed into such a small space.


JED says thusly:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home